Youth Quest ILP is for youth who have voluntarily elected to remain in DFCS custody until the age of 21. Youth Quest ILP is a two-phase program.
In both phases young adults have access to life coach and program staff 24 hours/7 days a week and services are designed to meet their individualized needs and goals. The focus of the program is to provide young adults with a safe and supportive living environment, excellent life coaching support, community navigation services, and life skill development to ensure their successful transition into adulthood.
Phase I provides fully furnished roommate-style apartment living. Youth are provided with a private bedroom and bathroom. They share common living space (living, dining, kitchen, study and laundry area). In this phase youth must demonstrate proficient life skills, employment stability and develop financial and budgeting skills before they can move into Phase II.
Phase II requires youth to have completed high school/GED and have demonstrated consistent life skills, stable employment and financial stability. Youth in Phase II must have and demonstrate consistent level of independence. Phase II provides youth with an opportunity to obtain an apartment in their own name and remain until successful program completion.
YESS, Inc., accepts youth into the program upon completion of the admission assessment and an interview. These tools are used to determine if the youth a suitable fit for our services. All youth must meet the admittance criteria outlined below:
- 17.5- 20 years of age
- Male & Female
- Parenting Youth with children under 4 years old
- In DFCS Extended Care
- Enrolled in secondary school or have a plan to complete high school or obtain a GED
- Enrolled or have a plan to pursue post-secondary education or career track
- Employed or have the ability to obtain employment within 3o days of program entry
- Ability to live in an semi-supervised independent setting
- Willingness to adhere to program expectations and guidelines